Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Costume Make-Up and other Costume topics.
To get costume make up application right, it helps to have the appropriate tools for the job. You don't need to be an expert, but get acquainted with our tricks for costume make up application and you'll be on your way to creating a painted masterpiece in no time.
1. For applications that require a brush, get one with a flat bristle arrangement. You won't need a round brush most of the time for costume make up application.
2. For broad applications like applying a make up base to your entire face, use a sponge.
3. When applying costume make up, always move in a pulling direction.
4. If you can afford it, buy the best costume make up from a costume shop as opposed to a chain store. As a general rule, costume make up in pots are better than ones in stick form.
5. Powder your face with professional make up powder to finish off the costume make up application. It will set the costume make up and keep it from running.
6. To remove costume make up with ease, use baby oil. For liquid latex, cold cream will do the trick.