Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about 1920s Costumes and other Costume topics.
I'm going to a Twenties party. What are some conversation starters?
Need some good conversation starters at your 1920s costume party. Take the lead with some of our fun facts from history:
- The "Great Gatsby" was written by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- The end of World War I (1914-1919) brought in a new era of prosperity and giddiness.
- The booming stock market came to a crash in 1929.
- Women started wearing nylons
# Alcohol Prohibition ushered in the illegal alcohol trade.
- Gangsters and organized crime protected the illegal booze business
- The 1920s brought in the Jazz Age.
- The Charleston was the dance of choice.
- Women were called Flappers because they were like baby birds just getting started.
- Flappers were also called Garconnes, French for "boys," because of the boyish fashion silhouette.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.