Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about 1950s Costumes and other Costume topics.
Tell me what was popular in the 1950s.
Want to show your 1950s knowledge at the next sock hop? Here are some great conversation starters to get you talking:
- Converse sneakers, saddle shoes
- Marlon Brando, James Dean, Sandra Dee, Marilyn Monroe, Doris Day, Audrey Hepburn
- Elvis Presley on "Ed Sullivan" in 1956
- Brylcreem: A little dab'll do ya
- Poodle Skirts
- Teen Beat magazine
- Hula Hoops
- Squares, bikers, chicks, submarine races
- "American Bandstand," "Davy Crockett," "Roy Rogers"
- McDonald's in 1955: hamburger 15 cents, fries 10 cents, Coke 10 cents, coffee 10 cents
- A gallon of gas: around 23 cents in 1956
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.